Holden Uganda Video

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year of Hope

P.O.D. with H.U.F. on 1/1/11

2011 is a year of hope.  

As a Hope Mommy, I know one of the sweetest things to my heart is that Holden's well is providing life-saving water to thousands of people.  :)  I know all of these wells being built in 2011 will provide so much hope.  HOPE to the Ugandans and HOPE to families who have said goodbye to their precious babies.  

Holden Uganda Foundation (HUF) was privileged to be a part of New Year's Red Letter Rockin' Eve this weekend!  We brought in the New Year with P.O.D., The Almost, The Wedding, Gungor, Remedy Drive, Stars Go Dim and a Road Less Traveled.  The night was absolutely life-changing, in a literally sense, as so many (including children and teens!) gave to providing clean water.  As I saw those sweet kids donating to Holden Uganda, my mommy heart bubbled over.  I would like to hope that any of my children would have that kind of heart one day.  It's pretty awesome to see a teenager give to a cause that is all the way across the world.  To love someone they've never met.  To give a portion of what the Lord has given them, to someone they will never even know...people who cannot thank them by words.

Today was one of the most humbling days in my life.  I was able to see the hearts of dear friends, honoring the Lord and serving Him through their donations.  It was something that I just really couldn't even muster words for.  My comfort comes from knowing He will richly bless our friends in heaven for choosing to unselfishly give to others.  I am astounded, because these Ugandan people will probably never be able to personally thank you.  You won't get a big ad in the paper telling the world how great you are.  You won't get a plaque to hang in your office.  Your thanks may actually not even be here on earth.

But you will be rewarded richly.  

We balanced the accounts, and will be wiring the funds for wells #5 and #6 tomorrow morning to Uganda.  I almost don't even believe it as I type.  

Well # 5 is a gift from Holden's cousin in the Lord, Kaleb Lee Englert, donated to Tatum Cate Thomas.  Tatum is the beautiful first daughter of Jarod & Paige Thomas, and big sister to Callyn Joy, who went to be with the Lord on May 15, 2008.  
Kaleb Lee is only a few weeks younger than Holden.  His parents and us were so thrilled to raise our sons together.  When we found out Holden had already gone to be with Jesus, it was the most devastating news we could ever imagine, yet the Englert family has upheld us and allowed us to be apart of their sweet son's life still.  Kaleb will always hold such a special place in our hearts.  I cannot tell you how much I love the thought of the day Holden and Kaleb will meet in heaven, and Holden will get to thank his "cousin" for sharing the love of Christ to countless Ugandans.  

Well # 6 will be donated in honor of beautiful Paityn Ann Collier, daughter of Lauren & Will Collier, and sister to Jax, Tymrie and Jagger.  Lauren and Will are from Snyder, hometown of Holden Uganda, so the outpouring of love for the Colliers was amazing when we started Holden Uganda.  So many people told us they were purchasing a shirt and/or bracelet, just because of the precious Collier family.  

Typing all this out has me crying again.  I wish I could just tell you all how much hope you are giving to more people than you will ever know.  But God knows.  God knows.  

Blessed more than words,
Sarah (for all of us)

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  
Matthew 6:20-21

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING! God is so good! I am so thrilled for Paige and Lauren as well as their families and HUF!

    ReplyDelete